Thursday, June 26, 2008

The New Gig

The new job is actually an old one. Sort of. I will be back at Butte Community College in the Facilities Department. However, instead of front-office duties, I will assist the Director with some specific projects (energy and solar, for example) and work on conference planning with my friend Christie. It's another temporary position, which means no benefits, but it's a familiar place filled with people who are happy to see me. Right now that's sounding perfect.

I probably won't be able to start until August, which gives me some time to recuperate, make some lists and goals (short and long-term), and spend time with friends and family.

The love, support, and good wishes sent my way in the last week have meant a lot and gave me a little extra confidence as I went into the interview and I am still amazed at my good fortune.

1 comment:

JenPelletier said...

Hi Lovely - you are amazing. I'm so impressed with your ability to leave the crap behind and focus on the good things ahead. Ann Bossard tells me that you never get more than you can handle, and from what I can tell, you're handling things just about as well as I could imagine anyone would. Love you.