Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I rarely do the whole New Year's Resolution thing. I mean, I know I'll work out or refrain from saying "fuck" for like a week and then it's back to the same old lazy, foul-mouthed girl you all know and love. So, I don't really bother to make empty promises I cannot keep.

But this year maybe I'll try a few things.

-Don't shriek "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!" every single time a phrase with the words "balls," "nuts," or "do" is uttered in my presence. See also "sausage," "meat," and "box."

-Think before answering "your mom" every time someone asks what I'm doing (or eating, in some really special, classy circumstances). And if I do choose to reply that way, don't be so shocked when the other person isn't amused.

-Dial down the Tina Fey, especially here. I'm probably on some sort of FBI watch list.

-Set aside time to visit relatives and friends around the country. Oklahoma, Arizona, Washington, North Carolina, and Missouri, here I come! Oh, and Tennessee, New York, Colorado, Illinois, Ohio, Oregon...

-Leave the country. For a vacation, not in an "on-the-lam" sort of way.

-Don't get the shit kicked out of me. This applies to bar fights, my health and matters of the heart.

-Oh, fine...let's just throw in try to work out regularly and cool it with the swearing.

5 comments:

Rico said...

Just as long as you avoid posts that includes any combination of the phrases "kill", "Tiny Fey", and "wear her skin like a suit" you should be okay. Well, "okay" is a relative term; you'll likely need some kind of therapy or interpretive dance class to deal with that whole obsession thing...

CKD said...

No, no. I would never want to kill her and wear her skin like a suit. Who do you think I am? Buffalo Bill?

AlexJB said...

well...... i wouldn't put it past you to scream "yippee kai-yay, motherfucker", but maybe i'm the only one who hears that in my head when i read "buffalo bill"...

CKD said...

"Yippee kai-yay, motherfucker" reminds me of John McClane, but I have probably yelled that out a time or two in my day...

nichole said...

I am glad to be on the agenda...now lets make that shit happen.