Thursday, December 11, 2008

Where Did You Get $240? Sshhh...

I dedicate this post to Miz Literature.

Does anyone else remember the TV show The State from MTV? It was on in the mid-90's and was quite possibly some of the goofiest, funniest, most random shit ever. Sometimes the sketches were stupid, but oh man...when they got something right those mothers NAILED it.

Plus, I love Ken Marino:

Here is where I would make a joke about him dipping his balls in something, but, like, 3 people would get it and the rest of you would just think I'm a sick perv.

I keep hearing rumors of a movie involving the cast and I'm not really sure how that would work. It would be like a Saturday Night Live movie: what the hell would the plot be? It's a sketch comedy program - would they try to tie in recurring characters to make some sort of cohesive plot? Would it be any good? Who am I kidding? I'd pay full price to see it. The soundtrack would be great.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, other than wondering if anyone else out there knows this show. I find that I quote from many of the sketches a lot in daily life, regardless if I think the person I'm talking to has any clue what I'm saying. Anyone? Bueller?

5 comments:

Lady Goss Goss said...

Okay, now I see why I'm famous. Thanks for being my agent. How lame is this: A friend of mine, with whom I work, was down yesterday, so I showed her the "Grandma's Potato Chowder" and "Louie at the Last Supper" sketches. BUT SHE DIDN"T THINK THEY WERE FUNNY!!! So, would you and I be the only ones in line at midnight ready to pay full price to see a movie with the original cast? I mean, they could GET a midnight showing if there were enough publicity for it . . .

Lady Goss Goss said...

Love the title of the post, by the way.

J said...

No, I never saw the show but I did see this guy recently on Role Models... at least I think that was him? lol.

Anyway, my name is Juan. I don't live in chico anymore, I moved away about two years ago but I miss it everyday! lol. Sad I know. Anyway, I live in woodland now and it has its ups and downs.... Stop by and read my blog, its just a bunch of random posts ranging from the serious super spiritual, to the reviews of books and albums to random stupid thoughts that come to mind. Anyway, swing by. take care.

Stephen said...

How many orphans would you like to wager?

CKD said...

All of them.

I spent much of Thursday morning checking out sketches on YouTube because I am THAT awesome.