Friday, December 19, 2008

Next Stop: Denny's Early Bird Special

Something about being sick (or just sickly) makes me feel haggard and tired and old. CKD is not digging this feeling, people. It's sapping my enjoyment of the season and if I am going to survive the schedule for next week it's clear I am going to need all the energy I can get.

Other things that are making me feel a little less than hot and vivacious?

-The look on Coffee Guy's face when I told him my age. (To my credit, I probably could have shaved a year or two off and gotten away with it, but went for the honest route.) You could tell he wanted to ask what it was like when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

-The discussion I've been having with a girlfriend about eye creams, crows feet and the like. She is crazy-hot though so I am taking any advice she's got.

It's really just a matter of days before I start smelling like BenGay and eating dinner at 4:30 in the afternoon. Someone get me a housecoat and let's just call it good, OK? Hey you kids! Get off my lawn!

4 comments:

Southern Helle said...

I actually aspire towards the housecoat stage of life and all the eccentricities that come with it. I just hate the stage between dancing on bars and being able to throw rocks at kids on my lawn. Damn 30s!!!!!

Rico said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rico said...

Well, speaking as someone significantly older than you, I would say, "Get over it!" Getting older has its advantages. As my High School History teacher often told us, "Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and skill." If Cute Coffee Guy can't get on board for the Big Win, it's his fault, not yours.

CKD said...

I do love the wisdom that comes with age, but the aches and pain in my left knee after a run? I could do without those.