Thursday, February 5, 2009

You Must Chill!

I don't know what the hell has come over me but this may be known as the Week of Extreme Spazziness. Examples?

-I stupidly had a cup of coffee at 3pm (I am seriously under doctor's orders NOT to do that if I intend to sleep that night) and by the time I got home at 5:30 I was completely hopped up. I went for a run hoping to burn off some of the crazy and, you know, get some exercise. It wasn't so much "running" as darting about and sprinting through my neighborhood. I didn't feel especially hungry but am glad I took my mom's advice and sat down to eat because if nothing else, food could help counteract some of the caffeine. Right? Mmmm...not so much.

-The run and some sleepy time tea seemed to lull me into a delightful peaceful state...only for me to bolt wide awake at 4am. Awesome! As someone who has suffered with insomnia, I have a pretty good bag of tricks on hand to relax myself and get back to sleep. But my brain? It had other ideas and WOULD NOT CALM DOWN. I started worrying about what I am going to wear to my friend Monica's wedding. Her wedding is in September. Yeah. I don't know what to say either.

-This week marked the completion and initial approval of a huge project I've been toiling away on for work. I won't bore you with the details, but this was one of those projects that went on and it seemed like it would never end. I had nightmares about submitting the report, but without a cover page and being told I had to start all over again. (What, YOU don't have stress dreams about work? Well, excuse me, Captain Well-Adjusted.) The shrieking and jumping and happy dancing that went on in my office when I received word that it was a go and being sent up to the next level of bureaucracy was akin to something you'd see at a cheerleading camp. I'm pretty sure I pulled something in the process, which is a true testament of my enthusiasm, ridiculousness and age. Go me! Also, I knocked into a filing cabinet during one of my little kicky-dance things and have a few lovely bruises on my leg. There are five year-olds with better impulse control.

Is this adult onset ADD? Or am I just plain nuts? The burst of energy isn't unwelcome and it's been a fabulous week so maybe I should just roll with it.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Just roll with it. Energy at our advanced age isnt easy to comeby in a natural sense...BUT, if I had to pick....Id say NUTS.