Monday, September 8, 2008

How You Doin'?

A friend and I were talking about Val Kilmer the other day and she said, "Oh yeah, he's on my list." Got me thinking about my list and how it has evolved over time. I mean, Tom Cruise occupied a spot on it for years. Stupid volleyball scene in Top Gun really got to me. Come to think of it, I think Val was there for awhile. I still love him but as of now my Top Five looks like this:

Chris Noth: Let me be clear on this one: I fell for him during the Law & Order days when he was solving crimes as Detective Mike Logan. I didn't really care for him as Mr. Big; he was too slick for my taste. Then he did a movie with Hilary Duff and cred was lost. But then I catch a Law & Order marathon now and then and all that love comes rushing back. So, he stays on The List.


Jamie Bamber: Yes, Jen, I am including someone from the cast of Battlestar Galactica. This hot Brit fakes an American accent and even though I'm a total accent whore, I kind of wigged out when I heard him in an interview. Obviously not a deal-breaker though. I'm kind of bummed his character isn't a pilot anymore; he looked pretty sweet in that uniform. Don't even suggest he's a Cylon or I will be forced to beat you down.





Jason Bateman: This one goes way back. JB caught my eye as mischief-maker Derek on Silver Spoons. Kind of weird that as a six year-old I was like, "Ooh, bad boy. Heeyyy now." If It's Your Move is ever released on DVD I will probably freak out because that was such an awesome, underrated show. The Hogan Family years prove that he is incapable of having an awkward period. His awesome performance and boyish good looks on Arrested Development sealed the deal. If given the chance to watch him in anything, ever, I will. Except Teen Wolf Too. That was some lame shit.



Jon Stewart: Stalking laws are the only thing keeping me from moving to New York and following him around all the time. Doesn't he look like the kind of guy who would wake up early and get bagels while you sleep in and not judge you when you use too much cream cheese? Then you'd do the crossword together and go for a walk in the park.





Kevin Bacon: The man took his licks during fraternity initiation, got a town to dance and was an astronoaut. Did you see him that one time on Will & Grace? That was genius. And yes, I can easily relate to a fictional gay man on a canceled television show. This is why I am a varsity level hag, people. Anyway, this one has spanned decades, too, and I'm not sure if that makes me a loyal fan or really imbalanced and in need of meds. I've never written to him or done anything crazy so we'll call it good.

8 comments:

Southern Helle said...

Great list! They are all island material for me. And, just so you know, you are not the only one who fell victim to the Top Gun volleyball scene... is almost made Goose look hot.

CKD said...

I like the island so far - and I like that there's no maximum number. Do you know how hard it is for me to narrow it down to five? The volleyball scene even made me like Slider a little. And he was kind of a douche.

Mo said...

If any 6 year old would be saying Oooo baby, it'd be you.
Keep up the great blogging.

CKD said...

Ha! Yeah, I was pretty out of control in first grade. My poor mom...
Keep up the great blogging, too, Mo.

dermotandjenny said...

Chris Noth is #1 ON MY LIST. OF EVERYTHING. I HEART HIM.

CKD said...

Circlestar, the similarities here are killing me. You and Roadtripper8 need to meet, too.

Lady Goss Goss said...

Here's my list, in no particular order:

Living Hotties
--Sting
--Ryan Gosling
--Ed Norton
--Jason Bateman (do you mind sharing?)
--Bono

Necrophilia List:
--Dean Martin
--Steve McQueen
--Gregory Peck

CKD said...

Of course I'll share Jason with you, Love! What are friends for? As far as the "necrophilia list" (hysterical name, by the way), Steve McQueen? Yes, please!

Ooh, Ed Norton and Ryan Gosling...well played.