Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can't Take Me Anywhere

Things that have made me laugh as of late:

-the word "erecting" in a campus-wide email about the new construction

-the phrase "swinging steel" in the same email

-quoting select lines from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure and Office Space at work

-doing Pee-Wee's "Tequila" dance in the elevator

-singing along to "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch on the way to work

-Last weekend I accompanied my parents to buy a new faucet for the laundry room sink and totally held my shit together when the saleswoman suggested we get a "caulk hole cover" for the replacement. Say that phrase out loud. Now do it without laughing. I did, and then demanded my parents take me to ice cream for a treat. True story.

In other news, my current look could be described as Liz Lemon in Season 2 of 30 Rock. So I've got that going for me.

4 comments:

Mo said...

I still work in construction. I hear the word caulk a lot. Depending on who is asking and what they are asking for, we like to poke fun...
"Caulk gun", "pneumatic caulk gun", "White caulk", "FDA Caulk", "So and so is looking for caulk again", "I need some caulk for my project"..... I can go on... I think I will, "Old Caulk", "Hard caulk", "Caulk applicator tip".....You cant help but chuckle

Southern Helle said...

hee hee... swinging steel.

Lady Goss Goss said...

HAHAHA, caulk. It cracks me up every time I hear it. Just imagine, my dad used to say it all the time when I was growing up, him being in construction and all. I had to hold my shit together more than a few times. And--what a coincidence--I was just doing the Pee Wee Tequila Dance this morning as I was getting ready for work. After that, "Keep On" by The Brady Bunch came on. My iPod tunes are the shit.

CKD said...

Thank God there are some other equally immature people out there! Teehee.