Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Marian

Apparently I am only capable of living my life at extremes. Last week was the pretend-I'm-21-and-have-extra-livers-on-hand lifestyle. Don't get me wrong: zero regrets and from what I recall I had a blast.

This week? I am curling up with a book I had to special reserve from the library. Let me explain: my library did not have this book on hand, so I TOOK THE TIME TO FILL OUT A SPECIAL FORM TO HAVE IT BROUGHT IN JUST FOR ME. Hello, I am reaching new levels of NERD. And I'm OK with that. I did look for it at my favorite bookstore, but it wasn't in stock. Plus, I'm trying reduce the amount of "stuff" I own. Books are pretty great, but after lugging boxes of them up and down stairs during my moves, I am thinking that the library is my new best friend. If I absolutely LOVE something and cannot live without it, then I'll buy it.

As long as we're talking about what a dork I am, I must admit that I really love libraries. One of my dream jobs* is to be a librarian. If I can manage to keep my voice at a quiet volume, I think I'd be really good at it. I could wear my glasses and rock the sexy librarian look: pencil skirts and knee-high boots or sling back heels, maybe some red lipstick. Plus, you know, literacy is cool and all that.

*Another dream job? Solid Gold Dancer. See? Extremes.

3 comments:

Mo said...

We need more sexy librarians... I bet my boys would love to learn the library too!

AlexJB said...

i am proud to say that my sister (visible on 'the face books') is now officially a hot librarian. she was working before in an all boys school that only went up to grade 2, so it was kind of a non-issue (although i do suspect that some of those kids' older brothers started volunteering to pick them up more often!)

this year, she switched to a pretentious school in manhattan (where matt lauer sends his kids, among others), and i theorize that she's already caused quite a stir, if you will, in the school's collective pantlegs.

three cheers for hot librarians!! they are second only to hot science teachers and hot math teachers :-)

CKD, while you qualify on the hotness scale, i question your ability to maintain quiet and order for long stretches of time. remember, the patrons aren't supposed to be sushing the librarians!

CKD said...

Mo - I still think of your boys as babies...can't imagine them having impure librarian fantasies.

Alex - does she ever tear off her glasses, let her hair down and dance on the desk to Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher?" Because I totally would.