Monday, October 27, 2008

Area Baby Humiliated

Lili and Juno made it home to San Diego and sent off some pictures from their trip. I miss them terribly and cannot wait to see them again on Thursday.

"You have a baby. In a bar."
Yes, we took the baby to my favorite pub for lunch. But in our defense, we really wanted to day drink. Here's our girl showing a healthy enthusiasm for Guinness. Don't judge us - it's not like we were shotgunning Natty Light. I wasn't sure if we could bring her in - since it is a bar - but they serve food, so I figured it was worth a shot. At the very least, it would be her first time getting kicked out of a bar, right? I pointed at Juno and asked the bartender if she was allowed in. He answered, "The baby? [No, her 30 year-old mother, you idiot.] Sure, as long as she's not drinking." My reply was, "Oh God, no. She's driving." Nothing from him. Not even a smile. Come on, that was a little funny! I was quick with the reply! Man, tough room.

And here begins the Baby Humiliation for Our Amusement photo shoot. You know she's thinking, "Laugh it up now, bitches. I'll be choosing your nursing homes!"




Please note Mommy laughing hysterically as Juno plots her revenge against us. Uh, Kid, your mom went through 30 hours of labor WITH NO DRUGS. She will dress you as she pleases. Deal.

If this entire outfit was available in my size I would wear it. In public. I am 100% serious.

This is a girl after my heart: pink, green and orange in one outfit? That's what I'm talkin' about! Every time I see her in legwarmers I start singing "She's a Maniac" from Flashdance

5 comments:

Leather Peacock said...

great pics! Makes me miss my friends' little ones. And yes at least it was Guiness. Drink of the Gods that stuff is.

Lady Goss Goss said...

I can't believe the bartender didn't even crack a smile! That's some funny shit you said to him. Anyway, thanks for posting--the girls look fantastic! Juno looks EXACTLY like Nick in that last picture. She's a-door-bell!

Mo said...

Two things:
1. That was a funny line
2. I can get you that outfit

Southern Helle said...

Teach 'em young, I say! She is adorable.

CKD said...

That poor kid is following in her Uncle Russell's (Elisabeth's baby brother who is a stone-cold fox and Harvard grad student) footsteps of being dressed up and photographed for our selfish amusement. Whatever. It builds character. You're welcome, Juno!