Friday, November 21, 2008

CKD Phones It In

Here is a Christmas Survey stolen from Cece. It's really one of those emails you're supposed to forward, but we have adapted it because I know the Interweb is dying to know the answer to these questions.

And yes, this is a total cop-out for a "real" post but I'm working on a Friday so be a dear and deal with it, mmmk?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? We stopped wrapping gifts years ago and make the recipient close his/her eyes and then hand off the gift. My dad's family insists on ruining the planet, so I wrap their gifts.

2. Real tree or Fake? We have a bunch of small fake trees all over the house that my mom decorates with her jabillion ornaments. Dad and Judy get a real tree which we pray Evan will not pull down on top of himself.

3. When do you put up the tree? Beginning of December-ish.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years-ish

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, and keep the Bushmills coming, please.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably either one of my Cabbage Patch Dolls or my Barbie Dream House. Thanks, guilt-ridden divorced parents!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Mom

8. Easiest person to buy for? Evan

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Dad and Judy do, Mom and Dave are heathens.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Depends on how on the ball I am. Y'all may be getting drunk dialed this year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of a "bad" gift. I mean, even if something didn't fit or whatever, it's usually still a nice gift and it's the thought that counts.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story and Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometimes I find myself picking up stuff throughout the year, but usually not until after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Just the gift bags

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies. Lots of 'em.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Blue Christmas"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel down to my dad's which doesn't really count, since it's not a big deal. Depends on the year, though.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, there's Joey, Jordan, Donnie, Paul, Ringo, Sharona and Vixen

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve, the rest the following morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? How flipped out people (not my family per se) get over the perfect holiday or buying the perfect gift. Dude, just have some eggnog, eat a cookie and let's watch a movie. It's the together-time that counts.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? That's a stupid question

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My mom's upside down pear/cranberry/ginger cake. Yes, I know that's dessert. Don't look at me like that.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? For all the children of the world to hold hands and sing in harmony. Also, bigger boobs.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Your Mom

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Uh, everyone

28. Favorite thing about Christmas? Hanging out with family and friends. Now that Evan is getting older, watching how much he loves the music and decorations and is still oblivious to the materialistic/commerical end of things.

1 comment:

BandonRandon said...

i really want to know what you would do if my mom did respond to this. Other than that i personally think your a bit to quick on the whole "it's Christmas" thing but i suppose i can give you a break.

-B