Friday, November 21, 2008

Hey! Guess Who Ate Two Full Lunches within One Hour of Each Other?

If you guessed CKD, you'd be correct. If you also guessed that I was the one shaming iron workers for only have one serving of food and making jokes about taking off my top in front of my mom, you're on a streak.

Let me explain.

Today was the "Topping Out" for my mom's project, which means the final steel beam was placed (or, as I shouted, "The steel is erected, people!") which is kind of a big deal. There was a big lunch for everyone on the project, my mom got up and gave a speech and damn it if she isn't the cutest thing ever in her hard hat! I always call this the "Topping Off" and my mom always corrects me so I called it the "Take Off Your Top" and apparently she felt the need to share that with a bunch of iron workers, who in the construction hierarchy are like the Great Big Badasses of the entire crew. They love me.

So after finishing my tri-tip, beans, salad and roll, I announced I was off to our office Thanksgiving lunch.

"You're going to eat MORE?" one guy asked.
"Uh, yeah. This was just my base layer. If you'll excuse me, I need to show my department how it's done."

After almost killing a student assistant who was taking too long at the mashed potato station I retired to my office to inhale more food in peace. Round two included turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and Katie just brought me pie so I didn't have to get my ass out of my chair. I'm not sweating yet, so I don't think I'm all that full, but yeah, we may need to schedule that angioplasty sooner than later. Or at least some sort of intervention.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

no sweats means you should eat more! ;)

BandonRandon said...

I'm proud of you... a little disgusted but mostly proud.

AlexJB said...

wow. rock and roll, baby! your awesomeness never ceases to amaze and amuse :)

how come you're so well behaved when you're in SF?