Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cure for the Common "Blahs"

Lately a general sense of malaise has overcome me and I haven't quite known how to get out of it. Even my excitement over the holidays hasn't been able to fully pull me out of it.

And then a cure came today, in the form of concert tickets.

For Willie Nelson AND Blondie*. I am beyond thrilled. There are a lot of fun things to look forward to between now and then (Willie is in January, Blondie in February), such as, oh, you know, the entire festive, wonderful holiday season...but having a little extra somethin' going on really lifted my spirits today. Woohoo!



*Two separate shows, but can you imagine if they toured together? Wow.

7 comments:

BandonRandon said...

My first thought was why in the hell is Willie Nelson and Blondie on tour together. Anyway glad this gave you your "pick-me-up" for today.

CKD said...

Hahaha...yeah, that would be wicked awesome, but a tad incongruous. Do you young kids even know Blondie? As in Deborah Harry? If so, I am impressed!

BandonRandon said...

I guess it would safe to say i know OF Blondie more than I know Blondie. I know of some of the more famous songs such as "one way or another"

Mo said...

I think a Blondie/Willie concert would be awesome. Can you imagine the crowd? Only problem is the concert would have been cancelled because Blondie would have kicked Willie's ass when he told her to go open for him!

AlexJB said...

c'mon, BandonRandon! don't lie to us! i'm pretty sure that's you i saw with Blondie last year in the Enquirer. skinny dipping on that private beach in mexico, wasn't it?

oh, i think you KNOW Blondie alright!

;-)

CKD said...

Aaaahhhhh! Please no mention of any family members skinny-dipping. We are far too pasty for such shenanigans!

BandonRandon said...

Hum... well now that you mention it i do remember a drunken evening in Mexico.... i mean... I'd NEVER do such a thing.

CKD, you're right we are WAY to pasty for that crap!