Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

Hey Interweb. Did you miss me, Baby? I missed you too. Thanks for being patient while I played nurse/nanny for the Dad set of family in Pacifica. Pop is on the mend, Evan is the best kid ever and Judy's patience and stamina in the face of chaos continues to astound and humble me.

Not much to report on my end other than health scares are...well, fucking scary. And this one wasn't even that bad and the patient is home and recuperating. Still, on the drive back to Chico I had a lot of time to freak out and get all into my own head about how much my family means to me and how I hate that being with one side means being away from the other side...blah blah. Quit bitching, CKD. Everyone's fine, you're fine and there are people in the world with real problems. Still a little concerned and agitated that there is not a definite diagnosis to the problem. I'm pretty sure I could walk in there with my English degree and having watched four episodes of ER and be able to come up with SOMETHING.

The highlight reel from my long weekend in the Bay:

-Evan telling me "I fine. Let go!" when I helped him onto the monkey bars at the park.
-Evan telling Dad that I took a different way to San Bruno. What the hell 2 year old knows which backroads to take to a park in a different city?
-Evan asking to play with my make up and wearing my silver sandals around the house. We love baby trannies!
-OK, pretty much anything and everything Evan did this weekend was awesome. If you want to be bored on an individual basis, please call and let me know and I will give you the full rundown of everything he said and did.
-Driving Dad's new van and almost killing us by flying out of the driveway and then slamming on the brakes, nearly sending Dad through the windshield. In my defense, I am not accustomed to modified vehicles. Plus, I am a terrible driver.
-Judy offering me hot chocolate as I curled up on the couch to watch the Olympics.

I am wiped, kids. Tomorrow it's back to work and rockin' in the free world. Woo!

2 comments:

Southern Helle said...

Glad your pops is on the mend and you got to spend some time with Evan.

CKD said...

Thanks! It was great to see them but also made me realize how much I miss them.