Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Hank aka "Babe Says It's Good for My Complexion"

Another installment of "One of Christen's Friends is Having a Birthday, So Here's Some Fun Facts" for you. Today, the spotlight is on Amy.

Amy transferred to Sacred Heart at the beginning of junior year, which is kind of intense if you think about it. I mean, switching high schools at halftime? Whoa. Anyway, we had a bunch of classes together and she seemed nice so I started chatting her up. She was freaked out about French, and I offered to help. I was spazzing about Algebra II/Trig, and she offered to help. And a friendship was born! Amy and I were also the least likely candidates for cheerleading but there we were, shaking our booties and getting R-O-W-D-Y at basketball games.

Amy knows the movie Can't Buy Me Love inside and out so she is one of the best people I have ever met.

Amy and I were the lone teetotalers in our group of friends, which means the designated drivers/babysitters. We were grateful to have each other; wrangling four other drunk chicks ain't easy if you're alone.

Amy will roll down all the car windows and blast the song "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails and sing along with you when you're having a bad day and need to let off some steam.

Amy is an amazing artist and would make all of our friends gorgeous presents in her pottery class.

Amy is always up for going to Hobee's and always orders the Hi-Hat Hashbrowns.

Amy is married to a swell guy named Troy. He and I often act like we are five years old when together and she patiently tolerates this.

Amy has given birth to two of my favorite people on the planet, Madison and Johanna. I actually sleep better at night knowing that these young women will grow up and help run this nation one day. They are brilliant, sensitive, kind, curious ladies and if I have kids I will totally let Amy raise them because clearly she is doing something right.

Amy will offer, in all sincerity, to fly across the country and help you move...during her vacation.

Amy is a veterinarian so of course I think she is a goddess. And she totally is.

Happy birthday, Foxy! You are adored and missed more than you could ever know!

No comments: