Saturday, August 2, 2008

Eleven Years Ago Today...

My dad and Judy were married. The whole experience was sort of a blur, but in a happy way. I was so busy with my freshman year of college up in Tacoma that I was pretty removed from the details of the planning. I'm not sure what a 19 year-old college freshman would have had to offer in the way of advice and ideas anyway. Favors? Beer can helmets! Music? Metallica!

Looking back I realize I totally dropped the ball when it came to my bridesmaid duties. I mean, I showed up, I was sober for the photos, and since I was related to every guest there was so scandalous smooching, but I probably could have stepped it up.

My favorite thing about the reception was when Judy came up to me and said, "I just wanted tell you that my girlfriends and I will be on the back deck in about 5 minutes to do tequila shots. I'm 'not inviting you' but I am letting you know. Oh, and bring your own lime." Then she turned and walked away. She's a keeper!

The wedding was lovely and fun and intimate and exactly what the bride and groom wanted. And I couldn't have picked a better wife for my dad, mama for Evan and stepmonster for me. Thanks for agreeing to be part of our crazy family Judy! We love you!

No comments: