Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kim + Justin Forever 2: Electric Boogaloo

Yes, I have been criminally behind in my reports from the Portland Wedding Reception Extravaganza in honor of Kim and Justin. It was awesome. We reverted back to 1996 only with less Boone's Farm and more discussions of the housing market. That makes no sense but roll with it, OK?

The weekend started off with me spanking Jen in the airport... and then it just got awesome.

Smooches from the Bride to the Groom

Lynn and Fritz threw an amazing party and it was great to meet Justin's lovely family, too. Thanks for showing us ain't no party like a P-town party!

Girl Chris and Boy Chris flank Fritz, father of the bride. We LOVE Kim's family. I was greeted with, "It's THE Girl Chris!" and a huge hug. Then Fritz asked me to help him take care of some chardonnay. Who am I to refuse such a request? He was thrilled to be photographed with the Chrises.

After the reception we headed over to Kim and Justin's sweet new townhouse. It's awesome and perfect for entertaining. Around this time Boy and Girl decided shots were in order. God bless the Kimmer: she had some tequila on hand. The Sigma Chi shot glasses added an extra touch of class.



Grabbing a drink before dinner at McMenamin's. Kim's adorable friend Jean, Beautiful Bride Kimberly, and Girl Chris. Chug those beers ladies! Our table is ready down the street...


We were carded at dinner, which always warms my heart. Boy felt the need to sass the waitress so she skipped his drink order. Oh, snap! Then we headed out to a new bar, because God forbid we sit still.



Dude, you're stuck with her now. Kim is possibly the cutest drunk ever.


This place offered party bowls, which just leads to trouble. If someone ever suggests a drink called an "Adios Motherfucker" just say "no." Don't think about it: JUST SAY "NO" and then switch to water. Don't agree to a race to see who can drink which bowl the fastest, and if people call you a "pussy" just take it. Don't be a hero. Nothing the color of Windex should be consumed by humans. But it is tasty.


The drink in question in front of Katie and Boy Chris.


Jen amused and semi-horrified by the drunken antics taking place around her. Jen has a Magellan-like sense of direction and got us all over Portland with no issues. She was also a huge hit with the homeless teens who called out, "Hey Woman, what's your name?" Her husband is a great guy and all, but always nice to know you have options.

What, you DIDN'T want a picture I took of myself down the front of my dress? Sorry. See kids, THIS is why we say "NO" to the party bowls.

I woke up Sunday hungover and covered in bruises. And I felt like I had whiplash, too, which was weird. I also found a note in my purse that read, "YOU ARE BEEFY" and was in Boy Chris' handwriting. No idea what that meant.

As the token Single Person I entertained/scared my friends with stories of my life and gamely participated in a Q&A session about What Went Down and The World of Dating Now.

Portland is now on the short list of places where I might end up at some point. Great friends, clean, affordable...even my hair looked better when I was there. Portland, you really may be the land of milk and honey!

No comments: